Property is one the major investment option being used by NRIs to keep them connected to their homeland, India. These properties owned by NRIs are either self-acquired or inherited from their ancestors.
NRIs are always concerned about the status of these properties as they are scared of fraudulent transactions concerning these properties. Moreover, in the absence of appropriate knowledge of various procedures, NRIs face numerous issues on account of ‘Property Search and Title Search’ about the properties owned by them in India.
Unlike developed countries, India lacks the system of Property bank through which the details of ownership of property can be ascertained online. Even though various states have initiated efforts to make the property records available online for the ease of citizens yet the same is not linked to any unique id like PAN Card or Adhaar Card. The government records available online are not easily accessible and retrieving the records online from government websites is an uphill task in itself. To add to their woes, the state revenue record departments being managed and updated in traditional manual records and files even today. Further, these records are maintained in a vernacular language which is alien to the next generation of NRIs.
Whether the property is owned through inheritance, family transfer, or self acquisition, NRIs want to have full understanding and knowledge of the properties owned by them in India.
In the absence of their physical presence in India, the anxieties of NRIs are always high on account of the ‘Clear Title’ and Ownership of the property.
Like any other owner, NRIs want the latest certified records of properties proving the latest ownership of their property to ensure that their properties are secure and free from the risk of illegal possession and Illegal sale leading to the time-consuming process of litigation.
Further NRIs seek information on the actual worth and market value of their property so as to make a well-informed decision when it comes to the sale of the property. This information may also become handy in case of any litigation on the property.
Keeping in view these specific requirements of our NRI clients, we at NRI Legal Advisors India incorporated a dedicated Property Management team so as to cater and assist our NRI clients in getting the details of their properties. Title & Property search is a time consuming and cumbersome process which involves rigorous follow-ups with various government authorities.
Our Property Management team works in tandem with govt departments to determine and confirm the legal ownership of a property. Our Property management team provides a plethora of services and some of these are mentioned herewith
- To obtain certified copies of the latest Title records from the concerned government department
- To verify and validate the ownership status of the particular property so as to provide the details required by our NRI clients
- Physical verification of the property by physically visiting the site of the property.
- Establishing the details of current possession of the said property and the documents through which they hold the possession of the said property.
- As most of the government records are maintained in Vernacular language, we provide the documents translated in English
- To obtain the entire file with old as well as the latest documents and records to understand the historical details of ownership of the property.
- Further our team apprises the client in case of an illegal transfer or invalid sale so as to provide appropriate legal advice and legal remedy to challenge the same and restore his/her rights over the property.
We have an exclusive “Property Management team” at NRI Legal Advisors India. The team under the expert leadership of our Managing partner has gained expertise over the years and have an immense pool of knowledge of procedures being followed by the government authorities in different states in India. This information and knowledge work in favor of our NRI clients to get the details of the properties owned by them in India.